Importance of Change in Physical Activity Routine
Let’s be honest, any form of exercise is great for your health! However, it is important to switch up your routine from time to time. Our bodies are able to adapt to exercise, which means results will diminish over time from repeating similar types of exercises. For National Physical Activity Month, let’s aim to switch up our exercise routine! Here are some tips:
- Duration – Increasing or decreasing the length of time your spend exercising.
- Intensity – Includes adding higher intensity intervals with rest periods or circuit training while doing weights.
- Frequency – Increasing the number of days you train each week.
- Increase weight – Changing the number of sets and repetitions
- Example: If you always do 4x12, try 5x5 with heavier weights
- Try new moves! Here are a few total body combo moves to try out:
- TRX atomic push up
- Landmine squat to press
- Cable squat with back row