Women's Health Month Recipes
Tuscan Kale & White Bean Soup
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 each Carrots, peeled, medium dice
- 1 each Onions, peeled, medium dice
- 2 stalks Celery, washed, medium dice
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 15 oz can Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 15 oz can White Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Kale, cleaned and chopped
- 2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 4 sprigs Thyme, fresh
- 3 cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbs Black Pepper, ground
- 6 tbs Parmesan Cheese
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil, carrots, onions and celery. Sautee for 5-7 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, Sautee for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the parmesan cheese. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, cook for 30-45 minutes and stir frequently.
- Remove the pot from the stove and serve immediately. Sprinkle each serving of soup with 1-2 tbs of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Servings: 4
- Serving Size: 2 cups of soup with 1 ½ tbs of cheese
- Cal: 225 kcal
- Total Fat: 7.1g
- Carbs: 31.2 g
- Protein: 10.9 g
The Lighter Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- 1 cup Milk non-fat
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Stevia
- ½ tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1/8 tsp Allspice, ground
- ¾ cup Coffee, strong, brewed
- Gather all ingredients and equipment
- Place a small pot over medium-low heat, add the milk and pumpkin puree. Whisk the milk and pumpkin puree until the puree has fully dissolved, bring to a simmer.
- Add the stevia and ground spices. Whisk the mixture until it becomes frothy.
- Add the coffee to a large mug/pot and pour the milk mixture on top of the coffee. Enjoy!
- Servings: 1
- Serving Size: 12 oz cup
- Cal: 110 kcal
- Total Fat: 1g
- Carbs: 17 g
- Protein: 8.7g