Apple & Sage Pork Chops
- 1 ½ tbs Olive oil
- 4 (6 oz) Bone-in pork chops
- ¾ tsp Salt, Kosher
- ¾ tsp Black pepper, ground
- ½ cup Chicken Stock, unsalted
- 1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp Mustard, whole grain
- 1 tbs Sage, fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp Rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 2 medium, Gala Apple, sliced thin
- 1 each Shallot, sliced thin
Gather all ingredients and equipment.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 ½ tsps of the olive oil to the pan, coat evenly. While the pan is heating up, place the stock and mustard in a small bowl, whisk until combined, set aside.
Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper, add the pork chops to the pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove the pork chops from the pan and set aside.
Add the remaining oil to the pan, add shallots and sauté until the shallots become translucent, approximately 1-2 minutes. Add the sliced apple and fresh herbs. Cook for an additional minute.
Add the stock mixture, butter and pork chops to the pan; cook for 3-4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 (6oz) Pork Chop
Total Fat: 10.6g
Sodium: 476 mg