Did you know water makes up about 60% of the human body? This is why it is so important to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated! We lose water through sweating, breathing and other bodily functions especially in hot weather from all the perspiration, exercise and outdoor activities! The color of your urine is a good indicator of how hydrated you are. A light yellow color indicates hydration while a bright yellow color may indicate dehydration.
- Keep your water bottle with you at all times.
- Invest in a bottle that indicates how much water you’re drinking.
- Water is plentiful in fruits and vegetables:
- In fruits: watermelon, strawberry, pineapple, oranges and more!
- In vegetables: cucumber, jicama, zucchini, cabbage and more!
How much water should you drink?
- Drink minimum 8-8 ounces cups of water for normal routine.
- Drink about 2-3 cups of water for each pound of body weight loss after exercising!