- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Garlic (Minced)
- 1 1/2 tsps yellow curry powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriandor
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 4 cups Pureed Pumpkin
- 1 cup Water
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt (For garnish)
- Saute butter, garlic and spices and cook until softened about 5-6 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, pumpkin puree and water and increase to high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Top with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt.
- 8 cups Chicken Broth
- 4 lbs Turkey Carcass (Remove all meat
- from the carcass)
- 1 1/2 Yellow Onion (Medium Dice)
- 1 cup Carrot (Medium Dice)
- 1 cup Celery (Medium Dice)
- 2 leaves Bay Leaf
- 3 cups Turkey Meat, Dark
- 3 pieces Garlic
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts (Left-over,
- 2 cups Green Beans (Left-over, steamed)
- 1 1/2 cups Sweet Potato (Left-over, roasted)
- 1 leave Sage, fresh
- 4 pieces Thyme Sprigs
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Place a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the Chicken stock, Turkey carcass and half of the onions, carrots, celery and bay leaves. Bring the pot to a boil then a simmer. Simmer for 1.5-2 hours.
- Remove the Turkey carcass from the pot. Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and carefully strain the broth. Discard all of the solids and reserve the broth for later.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Place the garlic in the pan and saute until translucent, approximately 1-2 minutes. Add the onions, carrots and celery and saute for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the strained turkey pot and bring to a simmer.
- While the pot is heating up, chop the turkey meat and leftover vegetables into uniform, bite size pieces. Add the chopped meat and vegetables to the pot. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve. Enjoy!