Pan-Seared Halibut With Spring Vegetables
11 ingredients · 25 minutes · 4 servings
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 lbs Halibut Fillet (skinless)
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 cup Asparagus (cut into 1" pieces )
1 cup Leeks (thinly sliced)
1 cup Yellow Bell Pepper
1 tsp Lemon Zest
1 cup Frozen Peas
2 tbsps Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp Parsley
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Pat halibut fillets dry; sprinkle evenly on both sides with black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
2. Add fillets to skillet; cook, undisturbed, until deeply browned and a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of fillets registers 140°F, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm.
3. Wipe skillet clean; add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add asparagus and leek; cook over medium-high, stirring often, until asparagus begins to soften and leek is tender, about 3 minutes.
4. Add bell pepper and lemon zest; cook, stirring often, until bell pepper softens, 1 to 2 minutes. Add peas, butter, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring often, until butter melts and peas are warmed through, about 1 minute.
5. Spoon about 2/3 cup vegetables onto each of 4 plates; top with 1 fillet. Drizzle evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot.