Meal Prep Taco Salad
19 ingredients · 30 minutes · 4 servings
1/2 cup Jarred Mild Salsa
1 1/3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Lime Juice
1 lb 93% Ground Turkey
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 Small Onion (minced)
1/4 cup Bell Pepper (minced)
1/2 cup Water
4 ozs Canned Tomato Sauce (1/2 can)
6 cups Chopped Romaine Lettuce
1 cup Pico De Gallo
1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar
4 Lime Wedges (for serving)
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt Or Sour Cream (optional)
1. Brown the turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks. When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well.
2. Add the onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Divide the meat equally between the 4 meal prep containers.
3. Meanwhile, while the meat is cooking, make the dressing: combine the salsa, olive oil and lime juice; transfer to 4 small containers. Divide the lettuce in 4 ziplock bags.
4. Divide pico de gallo, sour cream or yogurt, if using and cheese in small containers. Cover and refrigerate.
5. To serve, remove the lettuce and containers, heat the meat then make a salad by placing the lettuce in a bowl or plate. Top with the meat, pico de gallo, cheese and finishwith dressing.