Zucchini and Feta Fritters
9 ingredients · 30 minutes · 8 servings
3 Medium Zucchini (about 11⁄2 pounds)
2 Large Eggs (whisked)
1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/4 cup Diced Yellow Onion
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (use cup4cup for
1 1/3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Shred the zucchini using the largest holes on a cheese grater (or a food processor with a shredding disk). Use a clean kitchen towel to squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as you can (discard the liquid).
2. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the eggs, feta, onion, cumin, salt, and pepper to taste.
3. Stir in the flour.
4. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-low heat.
5. Scoop out the zucchini mixture using a 1⁄4-cup measure and drop it into the pan, repeating to make as many patties as will fit in the skillet, about 4 at a time.
6. Gently flatten the patties with the back of the measuring cup and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked all the way through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.