The Best Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers
11 ingredients · 1 hour · 4 servings
4 Portobello Mushroom Caps
2 tbsps Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Chopped Rosemary
1 tsp Steak Seasoning Like Montreal Steak Grill Mates
4 cups Red Onion (thickly sliced)
4 ozs Reduced Fat Swiss (Alpine lace, sliced thin)
4 Tomato (Thinly sliced)
1/2 Avocado (sliced thin)
4 Whole Wheat Low Calorie Buns (I used Martin)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, oil, rosemary, and Montreal steak seasoning.
2. Place the mushroom caps in the bowl and toss with sauce, using a spoon to evenly coat. Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes, turning a few times.
3. Heat the grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat. When hot, brush the grate with oil or lightly spray the grill pan.
4. Place the mushrooms on the grill, reserving marinade for basting. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until tender, brushing with marinade frequently.
5. Top the mushrooms with cheese during the last minute of cooking.
6. While the mushrooms cook, grill the onions about 1 minute on each side and grill the
7. To finish, place the spinach and grilled portobello mushrooms on the buns and top with
the grilled onions, sliced tomato and avocado.