Chicken with Braised Artichokes
15 ingredients · 47 minutes · 4 servings
1 cup Unsalted Chicken Stock (Can be low sodium as well)
2 tbsps All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
2 tbsps Lemon Juice (Divided)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 1/2 lbs Chicken Breast (Four 6 ounce breasts)
1/4 Sea Salt & Black Pepper (1/4 tsp each)
1/2 cup Shallot (Thinly sliced)
1 1/2 tsps Rosemary (Fresh)
2 ozs Pancetta
1 tbsp Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
1/2 cup Sherry (Dry )
1 cup Artichoke Hearts (Frozen, canned or fresh- halved)
1 1/3 tbsps Parsley (Chopped; divided)
1. Combine stock and flour in small bowl, whisk, and set aside.
2. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, lemon zest, 4 teaspoons juice, and garlic powder in a medium
bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken; turn to coat. Let stand in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and
pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Add shallots, rosemary, and pancetta; cook 3 minutes or until shallots are tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add sherry to pan; cook 4 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in stock mixture; bring to a simmer. Add artichoke hearts to pan; cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons juice and 2 teaspoons parsley. Add chicken to pan, turning to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons parsley.
5. Can serve over whole wheat orzo or brown rice for a delicious meal.
Amount Per Serving:
Vitamin D 2IU
Vitamin B12 0.4μg