White Bean Chicken Chili
White Bean Chicken Chili 14 ingredients · 40 minutes · 6 servings
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Sweet Onion (medium, chopped)
1 Jalapeno Pepper (seeded and chopped)
1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
1 1/2 tsps Cumin
1 tbsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
3 cups Organic Chicken Broth (divided)
3 cups White Navy Beans (cooked and divided)
1 lb Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
1/2 cup Frozen Corn
1 Lime (sliced into wedges)
1/2 cup Cilantro
1. Heat oil in a large pot with a lid over medium-high heat. Add onion, jalapeno and bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder and salt and cook for another minute until fragrant.
2. While vegetables are cooking, add a third of the stock and half of the beans to a food processor or blender and blend to puree the beans.
3. Add the remaining stock and pureed beans to the pot and stir to combine. Place the chicken in the pot, cover with lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook at a gentle boil for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked though.
4. Remove the cooked chicken thighs from the pot and carefully shred the chicken with two forks. Return the chicken and any juices back to the pot with the remaining beans, frozen corn kernels and cilantro. Stir to combine and season with additional salt if needed. Allow soup to cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Divide the chili into bowls and serve with a lime wedge. Enjoy!
Additional Toppings Corn chips, sour cream and/or shredded cheese.
No Chicken Thighs Use chicken breast instead.
Leftovers Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze it for later.
Vegetarian Omit the chicken and use extra beans.
Serving Size One serving is equal to approximately one cup of chili.
Save Time Use cooked beans from the can.
Amount per serving
Vitamin D 5IU
Vitamin B12 0.3μg