Meal Prep Garlic Beef Stir Fry with Quinoa and Peas
- 16 ozs Beef Tenderloin (sliced into strips)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 3 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 tbsps Tamari (divided)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Quinoa (dry)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 stalks Green Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Frozen Peas (thawed)
- In a bowl, toss beef strips with half the olive oil, garlic, half the tamari and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the quinoa and water together in a pot. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover. Let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until all water is absorbed. Remove lid, fluff with a fork and stir in the remaining tamari, green onion and spinach.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic beef until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Divide the quinoa, beef and peas into storage containers and refrigerate. Reheat in a microwave or pan over the stove before serving.
- Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days after cooking. You may also freeze the cooked quinoa, and raw garlic beef marinade in separate freezer bags.
- No Beef: Use diced chicken breast, cooked chickpeas or tofu instead.
- No Peas: Use snap peas, green beans, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers or any vegetables you have on hand.