Mango Chickpea Salad with Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- 16 ozs Chicken Breast
- 2 cups Chickpeas (cooked, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup Frozen Edamame (thawed)
- 1/2 Cucumber (diced)
- 1 Mango (diced)
- 4 cups Arugula
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/2 cup Water
- Dice your chicken into cubes then slide them onto skewers for grilling. Season both sides of the kabobs with sea salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, edamame, cucumber, mango and arugula. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the tahini, lemon juice, black pepper and minced garlic. Add water and blend well until smooth. Add more water 1 tbsp at a time if needed to reach desired consistency. Set dressing aside.
- Preheat your grill over medium heat. Grill your kabobs for about 8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Plate your salad and lay kabobs over top. Drizzle with desired amount of tahini dressing. Enjoy!
- Vegans & Vegetarians: Skip the chicken. This is a complete meal without it! Roast the chickpeas before hand if you like it hot.
- No Mango: Use diced pineapple or fresh blueberries instead.
- No Arugula: Use baby spinach, kale or mixed greens instead.