Healthier Orange Chicken
6 Servings | 40 Minutes
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Whole Wheat flour
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsps Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsps Soy sauce
- 2 tbsps Sugar
- 1 Navel Orange (Zest entire fruit before slicing in half to use the juice.)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut chicken into cubes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg with salt & pepper. In a separate medium bowl, combine flour and cornstarch.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture followed by flour mixture. Make sure each piece is fully coated. Place chicken in a baking pan* and set aside. *I like using an 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, orange zest, and fresh orange juice in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, stir cornstarch and water to then add to sauce for thickening.
- Set aside about 3-4 tablespoons of the sauce before pouring the rest over the chicken. Make sure chicken is fully coated before placing in the over. Cook about 20-30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from the oven and use the extra sauce to top it off.
- Enjoy with steamed broccoli and brown rice!