Not Your Mama's Apple Cinnamon Noodle Kugel
24 Servings | 2 Hours
- 1 lb Whole wheat broad noodles (Cooked, drained, and blanched)
- 6 Eggs (Beaten)
- 5 cups Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 can Apple Pie Filling
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 1/2 cups Nonfat Milk
- 2 tsps Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles following the instructions on the packaging.
- While noodles are cooking, prepare a large bowl with ice water for blanching. After draining the noodles, place them in the ice bath for about 10 minutes.
- Combine all of the ingredients except cinnamon in a large bowl.*
- Pour mixture into a large casserole dish and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
Option to combine eggs, cottage cheese, applesauce, apple pie filling, sugar, and milk prior to adding the noodles.
Compared to the original recipe, this version cuts out 50 calories and 5g fat per serving while increasing in both fiber and protein!
- Calories 197
- Iron 1 mg
- Calcium 46 mg
- Vitamin C 0 mg
- Vitamin A 142 IU
- Sodium 224 mg
- Cholesterol l75 mg
- Protein 11g
- Sugar 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Carbs 32g