Basil and Goat Cheese Egg Muffins
12 Servings | 30 Minutes
- 12 Eggs
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Basil Leaves
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese
- 1 Avocado
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Separately chop spinach, mushrooms, and basil.
3. Using the stovetop, eat olive oil over low to medium heat. Add chopped spinach and mushrooms and saute until spinach wilts and mushrooms begin to brown. Quickly remove from heat and set aside.
4. Using a medium size mixing bowl, crack all 12 eggs and whisk until yolks are no longer distinguishable.
5. Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray. *Option to use a napkin with a little olive oil instead of spray.
6. Distribute mushroom and spinach mixture evenly between the 12 compartments. Repeat with chopped basil followed by the goat cheese and finally the eggs.
7. Place muffin tin in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked to your preference.
8. Remove egg muffins and top with slices of avocado for added omega-3 fatty acids.