Muscle Groups Targeted: EVERYTHING!
Importance: This movement works everything and gets your heart pumping!
- Start standing up tall.
- Squat or hinge and place your hands on the ground. It doesn't matter if you bend at the knees or waist, just as long as you're not rounding your spine.
- Once your hands are on the ground, jump your feet behind you so you're in the push up (or high plank) position, core should be activated and tight here.
- Once in the push up position, lower yourself to the ground so your chest hits.
- Once your chest is touching the ground, you're going to do the reverse of what you just did to get down there - raise yourself back into push up position.
- Once in the push up position, jump your feet towards your hands and get into standing position.
- As your coming up into standing position, reach your hands over your head and jump!
Doing the movement slower is easier. Instead of jump your feet back and in, you can step each foot back one at a time.
Some people don't lower themselves all the way to the ground, which is called an "up down". Be careful when preforming this movement because people tend to jump their feet out and their hips sag, making their back arch.You want to make sure you have a strong, braced core when you jump your feet back.
- 5 burpees
- 10 jump squats
- 10 push ups
- 5 burpees
- 10 curls
- 10 lunges
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.