Balsamic Glazed Chicken
Makes 5 Servings | 45 Minutes
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 lbs Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 cups Brussels Sprouts (halved)
- 2 1/2 Sweet Potato (sliced into cubes)
1. Marinate chicken in balsamic vinegar by combining the two ingredients in a ziploc bag or bowl. Make sure all areas of the chicken are covered with the balsamic vinegar. It is ok to use more vinegar than the recipe calls for if you'd like. Add salt and pepper per desired taste.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
3. While the chicken is marinating, prepare the vegetables. Using a chef's knife (or the sharpest knife you have/feel comfortable using), peel off the skin of the sweet potatoes and rinse them thoroughly. Slice the vegetable into 1 inch cubes. For the brussels sprouts, cut the "stems" off and halve them. If they are bigger than usual, feel free to cut them in fourths. Rinse the brussels sprouts.
4. Coat the vegetables with olive oil and spread on a baking sheet to place in the oven. Cook for about 30-40 minutes. The vegetables will be done cooking when the brussels sprouts have slightly browned and the sweet potatoes have soften.
5. Transfer chicken to baking dish and place in the oven. Chicken will take anywhere from 15-30 minutes depending on how thick it is. *Option to combine chicken and vegetables on the same baking sheet.