TRX Tricep Extension
Exercise: TRX Tricep Extension
Muscle Groups Targeted: Triceps, shoulders, core
Importance: This is a body weight movement that targets the triceps as well as core and lower back for stability
- Grab the TRX handles and face AWAY from the anchor point.
- With arms straight out from your body, parallel from the ground, the straps should be above your head.
- Go up on your toes and make sure your body is in a straight line from your toes to your head.
- With the handles in your hands, palms facing down, arms parallel to the ground and elbows rotated in and facing the ground, start bending at the elbows.
- Keep your elbows tucked in and narrow into your body and core tight.
- Keep bending at the elbows until your knuckles reach your forehead, make sure your arm is not moving at the shoulder joint. Your upper arm should still be parallel to the ground when your head is to your knuckles.
- Once you are bent at least 90 degrees, extend your arms keeping them parallel and elbows tucked in.
- Make sure not to bend at the waist when you go forward or back by keeping your core tight the whole time.
To make it easier
- change your angle so you are more upright by walking your feet forward
- you can also bring one foot forward for support if you feel too much caving being done in your lower back. Use as much or little assistance from your front foot as necessary.
To make it harder
- change you angle so you are more facing down by walking your feet backward
- 10 TRX Triceps
- 10 Slam balls
- 5 TRXT
- 10 Thrusters
- 10 TRXT
- 5 Push ups
*3-5 rounds with 1-2 minutes rest between*