Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Cilantro-Lime Sauce
A simple + fresh vegetarian taco recipe!
- Two CANS (15 oz) black beans
- 1 CUP salsa (restaurant-style or other)
- 1 TSP cumin
- Corn tortillas
- Toppings of your choice:
- Roasted red peppers
For the sauce:
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 3/4 CUP cilantro, stems removed
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 CLOVE garlic
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TSP agave/honey
- 1/8 TSP salt
- Make the avocado sauce: in a food processor or blender, add all sauce ingredients and blend. Add a touch of water to thin if necessary, and tweak seasonings as de-sired. Set aside, or refrigerate if making ahead of time.
- In a pan over medium heat, add black beans (rinsed & drained), salsa, and cumin. Heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally, until heated through. (Optional: mash beans after heating for a creamier filling.)
- While the beans are heating, chop and prepare your toppings. Warm the tortillas if desired.
- Assemble the tacos: spoon the black bean mixture in the center of the tortillas, drizzle a small amount of avocado sauce over the top, and add your toppings.
Source: The Garden Grazer