Southwest Quinoa Bowl
Prep time: 10 minute | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 CONTAINER (250g) Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 CAN black beans
- 2 CUP frozen corn
- 1 CUP uncooked quinoa
- 2 CUP chicken broth
- 1 TBSP garlic, raw
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 1 avocado (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large saucepan until garlic starts to brown.
- Combine quinoa, chicken broth, cherry tomatoes, black beans, and corn in the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce heat and cover. Let mixture simmer at the lowest heat for about 20 minutes.
- While the quinoa mixture cooks, make your dressing by combining the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt & pepper to taste.
- You'll know the mixture is finished cooking once the broth is fully absorbed and the quinoa grains begin to spiral. At this point, remove sauce pan from heat and poor mixture into a large bowl to cool.
- Add the dressing, sliced avocado, and cilantro (optional), mix until combined.