Breakfast Blueberry Oatmeal Cakes
The perfect recipe to prep ahead for breakfast all week!
Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes (plus 8-12 hours soaking time)
6 Servings | Serving size: 2 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Combine oats and milk in a large bowl. Cover and let soak in the refrigerator until much the liquid is absorbed, at least 8 hours up to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Stir egg, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder and salt into the soaked oats until well combined. Divide the mixture among the muffin cups (about 1/4 cup each). Top each with 1 tablespoon blueberries.
- Bake the oatmeal cakes until they spring back when touched, 25-30minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Loosen and remove with a paring knife. Serve warm.
Adapted from: EatingWell