Fresh Mozzarella, Heirloom Tomato, and Basil Pizza
Prep time: 22 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
Serves: 6 | Serving size: 2 slices
- 12 OUNCES refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1/2 CUP fresh basil leaves
- 2 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 WHOLE garlic cloves
- 1 TBSP water
- 4 OUNCES fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 (6 OUNCES) heirloom tomatoes cut into quarter-inch thick slices
- 1/2 TSP kosher salt
- 1/4 TSP freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, place pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven while preheating.
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Place basil, 1 tbsp. oil, and garlic in a mini food processor, pulse 3 times to form a paste. Add 1 tbsp. water, pulse until smooth.
- Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a floured surface, pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Brush remaining 1 tbsp. oil over dough. Top evenly with cheese and tomatoes. Bake at 500 degrees for 11 minutes or until crust is browned and crisp.
- Drizzle basil mixture over pizza, sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Cut into 12 slices.
Recipe from Cooking Light
Nutrition Information Per Serving
372 calories, 15 g fat, 626 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein