Creamy Avocado Basil Pesto
Try out this creamy pesto packed with healthy fat! Perfect on whole wheat or brown rice pasta or try with zucchini noodles / topped on your favorite salad.
Prep time 10 minutes I Total time 10 minutes
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water, plus more if necessary
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt, to taste
- Add basil, avocado, garlic, pine nuts and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds or until pesto is chopped.
- Add in water and process again until completely smooth. You may need to add more water to get it to your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheese.
- Store in an airtight container or sealed mason jar and refrigerate.
Pesto is best if used within a few days, otherwise freeze it for several months.