Banana Oatmeal Protein Pancakes
Start your weekend off right with these Banana Oatmeal Protein Pancakes - a healthy twist on a classic breakfast favorite! Recipe by LifeStart dietitian Randi Komisar, MS, RD, LDN, CHC.
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 banana
- Combine flaxseed, oats, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, eggs, and banana. Add the dry ingredients into the large bowl, little by little. Stir until ingredients are well-mixed.
- Option to use a food processor or blender for a creamier batter.
- Heat nonstick griddle over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles: cook until lightly browned.
- Optional: top with your favorite fruit, nuts/seeds, or nut butter!
Serves: 3 | Serving Size: 4 pancakes
280 calories, 9g fat, 2g saturated fat, 36g carbohydrate, 9g fiber, 8g sugar, 15g protein