Broad Jump Form
Exercise: Broad jump
Muscle Groups Targeted: lower body - quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves. Core.
Importance: Helps with lower body strength and explosiveness.
- Start standing, feet shoulder width apart or slightly wider
- Hinge at the waist and slightly bend your knees, brace your core, swing your arms back and explode forward as far as possible
- Make sure to get your feet back out in front to land on, make sure to land softly and absorb the impact
- The goal is to jump as far forward from standing position. Mark where you start your jump from to where you land and always try to make that distance so you know that you're not slacking on distance as you go on.
- Hamstrings and core are big muscles used in this movement, make sure to really brace your core so you can send the power to your legs (hamstrings are going to be used most when done correctly), pretend you are jumping across a river or creek to really get your body to give its all!
- Finally, try to land as quietly as possible to eliminate any impact on the knees or back. You should be landing with slightly bent knees and make no noise at all.
- 5 broad jumps
- 10 TRX tricep extensions
- 15 goblet squats
- 5 broad jump
- 10 over head presses
- 15 dumb bell deadlifts
Complete 5 rounds - 1-2 minutes rest between rounds.