Bulgarian Split Squat Form
Exercise: Bulgarian Split Squat
Muscle Groups Targeted: Lower body - glutes, hamstrings, squats, core
Importance: Terrific way to build single-leg strength, improve hip mobility and balance.
- Stand lunge-length in front of a bench, rest the top of one foot on the bench behind you
- Lower your body until your rear knee touches the floor and your front thigh is parallel to the floor
- Engage your core, squeeze your glute of the leg that's on the floor and press through that heel and come back to starting position
- Make sure you are staying upright and your shoulders stay directly over your hips.
- Your front knee should not go over your toes when you go down and you should be able to keep the weight in your heel of your front foot.
10 R leg Bulgarian split squats
5 push ups
10 L leg BSS
10 jump squats
5 pull ups/lat pull downs
Complete 3-5 rounds