Lateral and Front Raises
Exercise: Lateral and front raises
Muscles Targeted: Upper body - shoulders, chest, upper back
Importance: Isolated movement to really burn the muscles [mainly] in the shoulders.
Can be done with bands or dumbbells!
Lateral raise -
- Stand or sit with dumbbell in each hand at your side.
- Keep your back straight, brace your core, and then slowly lift the weights out to the side until your arms are parallel with the floor, with the elbow slightly bent.
- Lower them back down, in controlled fashion – you’ll find it all the harder if you avoid speeding up.
Front raise -
- Begin by holding both dumbbells in front of your thighs with your palms facing your body (a pronated grip)
- Keeping your back straight and feet shoulder-width apart, lift the dumbbells in front of you in a controlled manner until your hands are in line with your shoulders.
- Pause, then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Dumbbells should not go higher than your shoulders
- Make sure you are performing movement with tight core to avoid jerking, swinging, and arching your back
- 10 lateral raises
- 10 over head press
- 10 front raises
- 10 chest flies
- 10 skull crushers
- 30 alternating curls
Complete 3-5 rounds for a shoulder burning workout!