Healthy Holiday Stuffing
- 1 head Cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups Portobello Mushroom (diced)
- 1 Leeks (chopped)
- 3 stalks Celery (diced)
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 3 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 1/2 cup Parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss your cauliflower florets in coconut oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Spread the cauliflower across your baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and set aside. Reduce oven heat to 375.
- While your cauliflower roasts, place a frying pan over medium heat. Add half of your olive oil and saute mushrooms, leek and celery for about 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft.
- In a food processor, add the walnuts, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, parsley and sea salt. Add the remaining olive oil and roasted cauliflower and pulse (do not blend) until the mixture reaches a coarse, stuffing-like consistency. Do not over process as you do not want the mixture to turn into a paste. Note: If you don't mind some manual labour, you can skip the food processor and use a fork and knife to finely chop the stuffing. Once it reaches a good consistency, spoon the mixture into a baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes or so to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a serving dish. Enjoy!
- Meat Lover: Add cooked organic bacon bits, sausage or extra lean ground meat into the mixture as you add it to the baking dish.