Garlic Cauliflower Mash
8 Servings | 25 Minutes
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (Optional )
- Halve the cauliflower through the stem, cut a "V" shape around the core to remove the core. Cut into florets.
- Bring 1-2 inches of water and a pinch of salt to a boil in a large saucepan with a steamed basket placed inside. Add cauliflower, cover and cook about 10-12 minutes until tender.
- As the cauliflower is steaming, heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic. Cook, stirring until the garlic starts to brown around the edges about 1-2 minutes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, drain the cauliflower.
- Add reserved liquid, cauliflower, and garlic back to the pot, and blend with an immersion blender to desired consistency. Serve hot.
- Make Ahead and Store: Can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat over low heat, adding additional butter if needed
- Microwave Option: Place florets and minced garlic in a microwave-safe bowl with ¼ cup water, cover and microwave on High for 3 to 5 minutes
- Garlic: Can also used minced garlic and skip heating on the skillet portion