Upright Row Form
Exercise: Upright Row
Muscle Groups Targeted: Upper body - traps, shoulders, upper back
Importance: Good upper body pull movement to really target traps (tops of the shoulders) and upper back which can sometimes be tough to target.
- Stand feet shoulder width apart, dumb bells or barbell in hands, palms facing your thighs, thumbs wrapped all the way around weight
- Tight core, shoulders down, not hunched around your ears, start moving the weight up by pulling your elbows up wide
- Stop when the weight gets to about armpit height
- Make sure elbows are slightly above the shoulders in a slight "V"
- Lower weight back down all the way
- That's one rep
- Make sure to keep weight close to your body. You can start by practicing this move on a smith machine, so it has to stay on a track. The weight shouldn't ever move out from your body.
- Make sure you are not leaning back or swaying or jerking on every rep. Brace your core to help recruit more muscle work.
10 up right rows
10 skull crushers
10 core/renegade rows
10 over head presses
Complete 3-5 rounds with 30-60 seconds rest between each round.