Quinoa Chili Recipe
- 1 cup Quinoa (Uncooked)
- 2 cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1c Sweet Onion (Chopped)
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Tomato Sauce (15 oz.)
- 1 can Diced Green Chilies
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans (drain and rinse)
- 1 can Black Beans (drain and rinse)
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 1/2 tbsps Chili Powder
- 2 tsps Cumin
- 1 1/2 tsps Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1. Follow the instructions on the packaging to cook the quinoa using the broth instead of water. Set cooked quinoa aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add garlic and onion and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
3. Add quinoa, tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chilies, kidney beans, black beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper to the pot. Stir until ingredients are fully mixed.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Chili will take roughly 30 minutes to cook.
5. Serve hot with any additional toppings you'd like and enjoy!
- Sodium Content: The sodium content listed does NOT reflect the canned beans being rinsed before cooking meaning if you follow these instructions, the sodium content will be significantly reduced.
- Recommended Toppings: Avocado, plain Greek yogurt (replaces sour cream), shredded cheese, lime juice, or cilantro.
- Vegetarian: Substitute in vegetable broth for chicken broth to make the dish vegetarian.