Hollow Hold Form
Exercise: Hollow Hold
Muscle Groups Targeted: Core
Importance: Strengthening your core is important for overall strength and endurance
- Lie down flat on your back, legs straight out, arms above your head.
- Contract your abs, pulling the belly button towards the floor.
- The arms and legs should be held straight out from the body with hands and toes pointed.
- Slowly raise shoulders and legs from the ground.
- The arms and head should be raised along with the shoulders, upper arm in line with your ears.
- The lower back must remain in contact with the floor.
- The goal is to find the lowest position that you can hold the arms and legs, without them touching the floor and without breaking lower back contact (the point at which the lower back begins to arch from the ground).
Bending at the knees and bringing them closer to your chest makes it easier...the closer your extremities are to the center of your body, the easier it is. The farther out, the harder.
- 20 second hollow hold
- 10 goblet squats
- 5 push ups
- 15 second hollow hold
- 10 goblet lunges
- 5 pull ups (or pull up variation)
- 10 second hollow hold
- 10 kettle bell swings
- 5 burpees
Complete 3 rounds