Lunges are one of the best exercises to strengthen your lower body. They target all lower body muscles and also help to improve balance, coordination and posture. These variations will target different muscles including glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps and even the inner and outer thighs.
Complete each lunge for 10 repetitions on each leg!
Aim for as many rounds as possible for a 30 minute duration.
- Lunge Matrix: Forward lunge, lateral lunge, reverse lunge all one one side, then repeat on the other side
- Alternating Reverse Lunge: Stepping behind you to a lunge position, both knees bend to 90 degrees
- Walking Lunges: Stepping forward to a lunge position, make sure you’re stepping far enough in front so that your front knee is in line with your ankle and your front heel stays grounded
- Lateral + Curtsy Lunge: Staying on one side, alternate between a lateral and curtsy lunge
- Plyometric Lunges: Add a jump as you switch your feet landing in a lunge position